Tuesday, March 16, 2010

(Freaky) Chocolate Brownie Slice


I have been meaning to share this amazing Chocolate Brownie Slice recipe for ages, I even took these photos last month. But you know, stuff happens, and I had not got around to it. So I sat down at the computer right now ready to share it, but first looked at a few other blogs I follow, and lo and behold, just today Corrie from retromummy not only blogged a very similar recipe, she has also made the same dinner (my salmon fishcakes recipe is here) for her family, as I have made for ours. Freaky. Spooky. Weird. But all yummy, that's all that matters in my opinion.

I'll still share my Brownie recipe, because I know my sister-in-law Jus and family will love eating them.

Chocolate Brownie Slice
  • 150-200g good quality dark chocolate*
  • 100g butter
  • 1 cup sugar (I use brown)
  • 1/2 cup plain flour (I use wholemeal)
  • 2 Tablespoons cocoa
  • 2 eggs
  1. Line a 16x26cm slab pan with baking paper, grease with butter.
  2. Melt chocolate and butter together (I use a pyrex dish suspended over a saucepan of simmering water) Let it cool a little.
  3. Take off heat, mix in sugar, plain flour and cocoa.
  4. Add eggs, mix well.
  5. Cook in prepared pan for 25-35 minutes in pre-heated oven set to 160C. I like my brownies quite moist and still a little gooey, so only cook mine for 27 minutes.
  6. Try not to eat all of it at once.
* I buy good quality cooking chocolate in 200g blocks. Not all of it makes it into the brownie slice, some falls into my mouth. Make sure you put at least 150g into your brownies :)


5 comments:

  1. These look ridiculously good!!! I am going to make for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I think I just dribbled on my keyboard! But no, I shouldn't... oh but I want to! Um.... I am! We'll be making these tomorrow! Thanks (sorta) for the recipe and the 2 kilos that has already taken up lodgings on my butt from eating them! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yours are definitely healthier as you use wholemeal flour and brown sugar! gosh I love a good brownie!!!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian and Tash will love these ;) But I'm afraid they'll have to wait till all my sewings finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pics are gorgeous!!
    very nice freaky brownies

    ReplyDelete