Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today is special

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant. The baby is now classed as "full term". Yay to that I say.

I am so grateful to have made it this far, as our dear daughter, Abbey, was born at 35 weeks and 3 days. It was a bit of a shock at the time, we were not ready, no hospital bag had been packed, I hadn't even finished work! She was in a hurry to meet us, being born early, and her birth was rather quick for a first timer (just under 6 hours)



The doctors said she was a good size for a 35 week premmie, weighing 2.585kg at birth. But she was still tiny. Size 00000 baby clothes were too big on her in the first few weeks. She had to stay in hospital in the Special Care Nursery for 15 days, 12 of those after I was discharged.

I am pleased to say Abbey is a completely normal 3 year old, and has suffered no ill effects for being born early.

So who knows when this next baby will arrive? Here is a 30 week scan image of our new baby, smiling at us, as he/she only knows when he/she will be born.

This time I am ready.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations ! Best wishes to the lucky family . Beautiful baby .

    ReplyDelete